Kettlebell training is one of the best ways to burn calories and strengthen your entire body. Kettlebell is not only one of the most beneficial fitness equipment; it's also one of the most convenient. Kettlebell training is slightly different than regular dumbbell or barbell training, but still harnesses many of the same properties to produce improvements in muscular strength, muscle size, and fat loss. Kettlebell training is well known for being fun, highly intense, and for working multiple muscle groups at once. This is what gives it such a great metabolic effect. With just a few exercises, you can really see a high total calorie burn.Kettlebell swing
The kettlebell swing is a fantastic exercise to strengthen your body and burn a ton of fat. It develops tremendous power in your hamstrings, glutes, and core, which will improve your other lifts like the squat and deadlift.
- Plant your feetabout shoulder width apart with toes pointed slightly out.
- Place the kettlebell in front of you; grab the handle with both hands while bending at the hips with the spine flatand in neutral position.
- To initiate the movement, hike the kettlebell back quicklyand allow your inner forearms to come into contact with your inner thighs.
- To initiate the kettlebell forward, power your hips forwardwhile keeping the back flat. The arms are straightthroughout the swing.
This squat helps in toning the legs as well as thighs along with strengthening the hip, quads, lats, flexors, calves, hamstrings and the gluteal muscles. Hence, this squat is the best workout for getting a very strong body and is a perfect workout for the lower part of the body.
- Stand holding a light kettlebell by the horns close to your chest. This will be your starting position.
- Squat down between your legs until your hamstrings are on your calves. Keep your chest and head up and your back straight.
By holding a single kettelbell while performing a lunge, you’ll be building upper body, lower body, and core strength, as well as increasing power in your legs. This variation of the basic lunge exercise works the entire body and has tremendous benefits for almost all athletes.
- 1. Hold a kettlebell in both hands in front of you with palms facing each other.
- Lunge forward with your left leg.
- Once in position press the kettlebell up using both hands.
- Stand back up whilst simultaneously bring the kettlebell back down.
- Repeat the kettlebell lunge press using the alternate leg.
Kettlebell windmill is a fantastic exercise for your core. A skilled movement that requires flexibility and coordination, the kettlebell windmill improves hip mobility, back function and core strength.
- To perform the move, stand with your feet hip-distance apart.
- Bend down to pick up the kettlebell from the floor using your left hand; use your hips to clean it up so it's extended above your shoulder.
- Keep the kettlebell straight over your shoulder as you hinge forward from your hips to touch your right foot with your left hand. Return to a stand to complete one repetition.